Rental Process for Item Owners
What happens if I rent my item(s)?
The team at Studio Find It will contact you at the phone number and/or email address provided listed in My Profile if a motion picture studio wants to rent your item(s). At that time we will discuss:
- Date Rental will Begin. We will contact you with as much notice as possible regarding renting your item(s). Depending on the production and their urgency for the rental, this could be as much as two weeks but as little as 24 hours notice.
- Length of Rental. Rentals vary from one day to 4+ months. We realize that in many cases this will mean that you may be out of a car or perhaps even displaced from your home for a period of time – don’t worry. Studio Find It will discuss options such as a replacement car or extended hotel stay with 100% of the costs covered as part of your compensation.
- Rate. We promise to negotiate the highest possible rate for your item(s). Rental rates are determined based on many factors including the rarity of the item(s), the frequency it’s seen in the production (ex. featured or background), and the length of the rental.
- Pick-Up / Delivery / Shipping Schedule. Depending on the nature of the item(s) rented it may need to be picked-up, delivered and/or shipped. Together we will determine the time and place to ensure safe pick-up/delivery/shipping of the item. All applicable expenses will be completely covered by us at Studio Find It.
Once we have finalized the terms of renting your item(s), we will present you with the following:
- Rental Agreement that will require your signature. This will detail the length of rental, rate, pick-up/delivery/shipping schedule and other important information that will protect you as the owner of the item(s).
- Insurance Certificate for your records. In addition to your normal insurance, Studio Find It and the production will provide additional insurance to provide you with the utmost coverage and protection.
- Payment. You will be paid in full by check for your item(s) upon the first day we take possession of it. There are rare occasions when productions request the use of an item for longer than originally agreed upon. In these cases, with your permission, we will negotiate the continued rental rate and promptly bring you a check for the remainder of the rental.
- Item Condition Checklist. Together with a member of our team, you will complete this checklist which will allow us to assess the condition of your item(s) prior to rental. You may use this to compare against your item(s) when we return possession on the last day of the rental period.
What happens if my item’s returned damaged?
Studio Find It promises to treat your item(s) with the utmost respect and have many safeguards in place to prevent damage from occurring to your possessions. If you feel that your property has been returned in a lesser condition than it was originally rented in, we will discuss options and take measures to rectify the problem. It is important to us to take care of our customers.